Monday, 10 July 2017

Let's get moving

I have been trying to eat a lot more fruit recently and have been thinking about how it is important to do enough exercise to stay healthy. Fruits and vegetables contain vitamins that are all important for us. We have been lucky in the UK to get a couple or so weeks of sunshine and hot weather. It was a change (not as many showers and rain pours!) and also was great because we get vitamin D from the sun. It's important to keep hydrated during these summer months and me and my family have been tucking into watermelon more.

I have been using my Fitbit Alta to keep track of my daily exercise and how many hours of sleep I'm getting. I used this when I had my GCSE exams to ensure that I was getting enough shut eye so that I could function well the next day. You can use the Fitbit app or your iPhone to track your daily steps when your phone is with you.



I am planning to fit in doing some exercise at home. I've got to get going with those crunches and the plank (oh no). We could be chosen to go to the gym a few times before our exams at school. We were just excited to be able to watch YouTube videos or listen to music but surprisingly got a good amount of exercise done! Since then I haven't been keeping up and now that I am free I have time and the space.

What do you do to keep healthy? Is there anything that you would like to start doing to keep in better shape?


 photo buttons_zps9ozdluil.png

14 comments:

  1. I do a lot of healthy eating and exercise! But sleep? HAHAH HAHA...*cries* Not really.😭😂 I think it's awesome you've had some lovely summer and sunshine!! I'm in Australia nad it's seriously been like low 20 degrees for ages and this does not feel like a cold winter to me. It's lovely! Good luck with your routine! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cait! Haha aww enjoy the winter over in Australia! It's important to get enough sleep but it can be difficult. Especially if you're feeling stressed or too hot and bothered. 🔥
      Hopefully you can get some more rest this Summer. ❤️

      Delete
  2. Loved this! I eat healthy, but I definitely want to get moving more. I also have a fitbit, so it helps a lot :) And I agree, sleep is definitely important as well!! Great post :)) Good luck with getting moving!! :)

    ~Iris xoxo
    https://getupandoutblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Fitbit does help a lot. I hope you get moving more too 👭❤️

      Delete
  3. I have been sooo bad recently! Exercise has completely gone out of the window so I really need to buckle down and get back into it, even if it's just a little bit each day! <3 xxx
    http://www.samanthafrances.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well good luck with it! I hope you get back into it xxxx take one day at a time 🏃🏽‍♀️

      Delete
  4. Nice one! I try to keep half my dinner plate at night salad, which as long as it's nice and fresh and crunchy is no problem. I think the trick is not to beat yourself up over what you didn't do and just keep trying, take one day at a time :-)

    ♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
    http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very good advice! Well done on having salad with your meal! I sometimes have some greens and a salad too and it really isn't hard to eat healthily then. 🥗

      Delete
  5. First and foremost, your blog is really CUUUUTEEE!!
    I always drink water for every meal, like I'm trying to avoid sodas and sorts. And I also do a moderate cardio routine every afternoon, thrice a week (because I'm quite the lazy type hahah :D)

    PS. Thank you for leaving a very nice comment on my blog Laila :)

    Homed: Life in Sugar & Spice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That sounds good! 👏🏽

      Delete
  6. Interesting blog ;)
    Come to me https://cakemonika.blogspot.com/ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently got a Fitbit to track my steps and sleep as well. I try to make sure to use the Fitbit app to count calories and track how much water I drink. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very nice useful gadget to have 👍🏽

      Delete

Thanks for reading!! Feel free to browse around and explore xx ❤️❤️
I hope you enjoyed this little post. I solemnly swear to read every comment. ❤️



♥️ Back to Top ♥️