21.4.16

Getting A Great Night's Sleep

It's important to have enough sleep, but sometimes I just can't get comfortable or have something floating around in my mind. I don't know about you, but I love to wake up and feel ready for the day ahead. Unfortunately, there are days where I wake up groggy and push the snooze button on my alarm and these are some tips I use to try and avoid doing this too often. If you are a teenager, like myself, then you should aim to have 8-10 hours of sleep each night. An adult should have around 7-9 hours sleep and children aged 6-13 should have around 9-11 hours of sleep each night. The younger the child the more sleep they should aim for. You can search online for the amount of sleep you need if your age is not mentioned above. I got the data from ~http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/how-many-hours-of-sleep-are-enough/faq-20057898~.

I make sure I relax before bed by having a routine that I regularly follow.

♥ Write down/ plan anything you want/need to do the following day. This way you might feel more relaxed and organised. I usually decide what to take for my lunch the night before and pack my back too. If I need to revise for a test or exam I plan how and when I will do that. I put my alarm on for the next morning and sometimes even two if I feel like I won't wake up. It's best not to leave this too late as sometimes you might feel quite tired by bedtime. 

♥ Have a hot drink or a glass of water before going up to bed. I find that it helps me to relax as I feel like I've taken care of myself. ☕️


♥ I love to read and I love cosying up into my duvet and escaping into a brilliant story. It really helps to keep me calm and get rid of any thoughts clouding your mind. I would recommend this if you feel like you would love to do this and it's perfect if you cannot find the time to read during a busy day. However, I would say to give yourself a limit of time if you are the type of person who would read and read all night and forget what time it is. Set a timer on your phone if you need to and are able to! This is also great to do as it keeps you away from your phone and after I finish reading I make sure I don't use my phone.


♥ I find that not using my phone actually does improve my sleep sometimes and I feel like it helps you realise how tired you are. If you are using your phone, I would recommend checking out a new feature that Apple has enabled. It's called "night shift" and makes the colours on the screen appear warmer. This means that those harsh, bright colours you struggle with while using your phone in dim light will be softer colours. I haven't yet tested this out properly, if you do please let me know in the comments! I'd love to see if this made a difference at bedtime.

♥ I have these fairy lights that I love to put on at night too! The colours change and I've a beautiful glow to my bedroom. I think if you have a dim/no light at all it can help you fall asleep!



 photo buttons_zps9ozdluil.png

9 comments:

  1. I love all these so much! Thanks for the tips. I always switch off my devices an hour before bed. Mind reading my latest? xx
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this so helpful Laila! I often have trouble falling asleep, probably because I can't get off youtube . . I find it so hard to not stay up all night watching vlogs haha x

    Mae ♥

    sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so helpful! I can never get to sleep!
    Holly xx
    www.allthingshxlly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can really relate to this post, great advice btw. I also fins that being organized and planning ahead helps and also not being on your phone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tips are absolutely great! I have trouble falling asleep even when I'm tired and I think it's because I use my phone for a long time before going to sleep. Maybe I need to try these out to have a more relaxing sleep :):)
    ~Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely tips! And such a relatable post x
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tips, before I fall asleep I love listening audio books or just go on tumblr. that's really help for me :) x
    pandadeebo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a heavy sleeper, it's really hard to wake me up hahaha That's why I need a lot of alarms! If I had just one I would never wake up when I'm supposed to... I also think planning everything before you go to sleep is really important :)

    onmywayacqua.blogspot.com | Acqua xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always go to sleep way too late and spend way too much time scrolling through my phone, but I'm definitely gonna try to change that habit. Great post,these points were v helpful! Xx Check my recent? mayasienna13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!! Feel free to browse around and explore xx ❤️❤️
I hope you enjoyed this little post. I solemnly swear to read every comment. ❤️



♥️ Back to Top ♥️